CLIPP™ Freqently Asked Questions
Q. How is CLIPP different from all other programs?
Certified Living In Place Professional (CLIPP) goes beyond all other programs, providing training, assessment tools, marketing, B2B and B2C marketing. Click Here to see a comparison chart.
- Up to date information – Course information updated monthly
- Extensive medical information
- Over eight hours of design, product and installation information, including key product names and costs
- Targeted to all homes and homeowners of all ages, not just aging and individuals with disabilities
- Presentations available for consumers
- Presentations available for professionals
- Logos and press releases available
- Emphasis on creating collaborative teams
- Includes professionals in the classroom from all facets of home care
- Occupational and Physical Therapists
- Home Inspectors
- Senior Move Specialists
- Product manufacturers
- Only graduates are qualified and have access to the Home Accessibility and Safety Assessment Checklist (HASAC)
- Graduates who use the home assessment checklist are required to maintain specific insurance requirements
- Contractors who are CLIPP certified have passed a background check
- Continuing involvement and participation in all CLIPP activities
- Partnership and promotion from major associations and product manufacturers
Q. Is CLIPP approved for CEUs?
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) 1.6 CEU (2017 pending)
- National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) 1.6 CEU (2016-2017)
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) 1.6 CEU (through Feb 2017 - 2017 pending)
- International Interior Design Association (IIDA) 1.6 CEU (through Feb 2017 - 2017 pending)
- Interior Designers of Canada (IDC) 1.6 CEU (through Feb 2017 - 2017 pending)
- National Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) Certified Living In Place professional course is approved for 16 of ASHI® Continuing Education Credits
- Approved for self-reporting by the American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Approved for self-reporting by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- Approved for self-reporting by the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI)
Q. What are the requirements for CLIPP certification and use of HASAC?
A. Click Here for a chart showing requirements
Q. When is the next CLIPP class?
A. Click Here to see calendar
Q. After the class, when am I certified?
A. Your test will be graded at the end of the class. If you pass and have met any other requirements, you will immediately receive your certification.