Living In Place Institute Community Forums
We are excited to announce a new feature – The Living In Place Institute Community Forum!
Now approved for 0.1 CEU for NKBA Members
Scroll down for recordings of past Community Forums
Each Community Forum brings us together, creating a community and encouraging communication directly between Certified Living In Place Professionals™ (CLIPP™) graduates, and all visiting professionals, including home designers and contractors, builders and architects, manufacturers and suppliers, trades-persons, realtors, lawyers, care providers, occupational and physical therapists, non-profit and government staff...anyone involved in building or human care.
These free, one-hour, on-line Community Forums are scheduled monthly through June, always on the 2nd Tuesday at 4:00 PM ET, and each 4th Thursday at 9:00 AM ET. Attendance is limited. Community Forum monthly topics and registration links are found below.
Topics include, and we always welcome your Living In Place ideas.
- Personal Hygiene Toilet Seats
- Shower Solutions
- In-Wall Toilets
- Plumbing Piping In-Wall Systems
- Hydronic Floor Heat
- Kitchen and Bath Faucet Features and Trends
- How Smart is Your Home
- Home Storage & Organization Solutions
- Shower Products
- Kitchen Appliances
- Social Media
The Forum moderators will start each session with a focus on pre-established discussion topics then open up for general discussion.
Participant audio and video will be muted. You may use the integrated chat feature to type-in questions and reply with your ideas. The Moderator will keep the conversations lively, informative and focused. You may be occasionally asked to click-vote on a topic. If you wish to share a picture, webpage, etc., ask the Moderator. You can also chat privately with other attendees using the same integrated chat feature.
All Community Forums are free. Limited attendees, register soon.
We invite you to register for each session and invite other professionals you know and would like to help make all homes safe - healthy - comfortable.
Click on a date, or several, to register and send the link to your entire contact list.
Living In Place Institute Community1. Be Kind and Courteous – We are all responsible to maintain a welcoming environment. Treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural. Be kind, courteous and inclusive of everyone.
The Community Forum is for all professionals, not any specific group.
Please respect the Moderator and their decisions.
2. Make it Positive – Give more than you take. Help everyone feel safe and included. Bullying is never allowed. No comments about politics, race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity.
3. Keep it Clean – Improper language is never appropriate. Self-promotion, spam, and irrelevant links are not allowed (attendee and content may be removed and the attendee may not be allowed into any future Living In Place Institute Forum.
4. Respect Privacy - Being part of this group requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions make our group great. Private chats are not available during a Forum and nothing in a Forum is private.
5. Chat Questions & Comments – We will do our best to cover all topics brought up in the chats. The Moderator may choose to hold a topic until a later Forum, request it be discussed offline, or decide there is not enough time, or the topic is not appropriate or relevant.
Living In Place Institute Community Forum Recordings
Click to view, then share with your contact list and post on social media.
October 13, 2020 - 1. What is the latest in bathroom bars, benches, and more? by Seachrome 2. Multigenerational Homes by Juilie Schuster and Dani Polidor
September 8, 2020 - 1. Home organizing, plus lighting solutions from Rev-A-Shelf 2. Ergonomics in the Kitchen & Bath
August 27, 2020 - 1. Forever Home for Living in Place 2. Hook Your Audience in 5 Seconds with the Perfect Elevator Speech
August 11, 2020 - 1. Forever Home for Living in Place 2. Hook Your Audience in 5 Seconds with the Perfect Elevator Speech
July 23, 2020 - 1. Essential Kitchen Applinaces for Living In Place 2. American Society of Home Inspectors
July 14, 2020 - 1. Essential Kitchen Features for Living In Place 2. American Society of Home Inspectors
June 25, 2020 - 1. Linear Drains 2. Tips for Social Media